The Facilitator is based in the Hauraki Gulf, however has worked all over the North Island. The company and its crew have a long history in New Zealand maritime operations. The Facilitator prides itself on finishing the job safely and efficiently.
We work closely with Department of Conservation to have a Pest Free Warrant allowing the Facilitator to land at all of the Treasure Islands of the Hauraki Gulf. Conservation and preservation are a high priority for The Facilitator.
The Hauraki Gulf is known to us like the back of our hand, so If you need any assistance do not hesitate to give us a call.
Our frequent island destinations but not limited to are:
- Great Barrier
Many trips into tricky locations/cliff faces where road transport has not been an option.
Before you travel with Facilitator, understand this quick write up from Auckland Council:
The Hauraki Gulf is a nationally-significant marine park. Many of the islands of the Gulf are pest free, or partially pest free. This means they are now home to some of New Zealand’s rarest and most endangered species – eg tuatara, takahe, shore plover and kiwi. The islands are also recovering naturally as birds reintroduce themselves to these safe havens. It is important to keep them pest free – and we need your help!
Pest animals and plants can invade our islands by stowing away on or in your footwear, gear or boat. Rats can squeeze through a 12 mm gap and mice can squeeze through a 7 mm gap. Insects could hide in your bag, and weeds, seeds and soil could cling to your clothing and shoes.
Pests threaten New Zealand’s native wildlife.
- Rats eat birds, eggs, reptiles and insects.
- Mice prey on insects and eat small birds and reptiles.
- Argentine ants can reach large numbers and have a big appetite killing our native insects, skinks, geckos and baby birds.
- Plague skinks compete with native lizards and other animals for food and habitat and have displaced our native skinks on the mainland.
- Soil can carry plant diseases such as kauri dieback.
- Weed seeds can become a weed forest and smother native plants
- Prepare for your trip by being alert for these threats. Please:
- Make sure all food is packed and sealed in plastic containers with lid. Ensure cardboard boxes are closed and taped – there must be no opportunity for an unwanted pest to access the container/box in transit.
- Ensure all footwear and gear is clean and free of soil.
- Thoroughly check any camping or overnight gear for stowaways. Gear that has been stored away is high risk.
- Thoroughly check seedlings, potting mix or plant matter to ensure there are no hitch-hikers.
- Seal up your gear/food as soon as you have finished packing and leave it closed until you reach your destination.